MCSD BUS SAFETY GUIDELINES
A few important items to ensure the safe and timely transport of our students.
- ALL students should be at their bus stop and ready to board the bus “5” minutes prior to the scheduled pick up time.
- Please make sure that your address is identifiable to the bus driver either by a number on your house or your mailbox.
- Drop off times in the afternoon are only estimated times, as many variables cause the bus to run earlier or later than planned.
- Any request for an unscheduled change to your students’ drop off location has to be in writing and received at either your students’ school or the Transportation department by 11 am, and will be honored as long as it is an existing stop and there is seating available on the bus. You can fax, or email your request.
- High School students will NOT be allowed to use the Middle School buses as late arrival transportation in the morning. If they miss their regular bus they will have to find alternate transportation to school.
- Late buses for High School and Middle School will bring students’ to their neighborhood but DO NOT offer the same close bus stop that their regular buses do. There will be late bus stop information posted at both schools and with office staff, and these stops will be strictly adhered to as there will only be 3 buses from each school.
- Under NO circumstances are parents’, or guardians allowed on the school bus.
Thank you for your cooperation and please feel free to contact me or my assistant with any questions or concerns. The safety of our students’ is our #1 priority.
Stephen P. Troost- Head Bus Driver